Staff Facilities - Christchurch Hospital
This section covers parking and other facilities for staff at Christchurch Hospital.
Staff working at other hospitals will need to contact the rostering person at their hospital for details of mail delivery, locker, and parking arrangements.
- Car parking at Christchurch Hospital is limited, and demand far outstrips supply.
- Staff are not permitted to park in the time-limited areas.
- You may put your name on the waiting list for an off-site CDHB car park by downloading a Waiting List Application Form. There is a fee payable for these parks.
- Other part-time parking areas include:
- The Afternoon Car Park - access is from 1145 to 1700 hours for a nominal fee.
- Weekend and evening parking from 1545 Monday to Friday, and 24 hours Saturday and Sunday, in the Staff Parking Building is free.
- Download application forms for these parks from the intranet.
- Individual registrars are not allocated parks at Christchurch Hospital except on long days. If you are rostered to work a long day starting at 0800, you can park in named parks located in the Wilsons Car Park behind 245 Antigua Street or in the parking area by the old Oral Health Building on Tuam Street. A map and plan should be provided, if you do not have one please contact the RMO office or phone Support Services on 66870. You will need to apply for a sticker to display on your vehicle. Application forms are available from the RMO Office, or by phoning Support Services on 66870.
- If you park your car in an incorrect parking bay, or illegally, it may be towed at your expense. The hospital will not reimburse any fees incurred from cars being parked illegally.
- If you are on night duty (i.e., starting at 2230) you can park in the Pay and Display areas, as long as you vacate the park before 0700. However, we recommend that you park in the Staff Parking Building. Evening and weekend access will be added to your ID card when you apply for parking.
- If you use the Pay and Display areas between 0700 and 2000 hours, you will need to pay the displayed rates.
- If you receive an emergency call-back, you can park in the ‘call-back’ only bays located by the Food Services Building in the Riverside parking area of the Hospital. You will need to display a Red Emergency Call Back Card (available from your department) and move your vehicle as soon as the emergency is over, or use the staff car park building if you have access.
There is a bicycle compound at Christchurch Hospital which you can access using your staff security badge.
Mail for registrars at Christchurch Hospital is addressed to their ward. Mail for relievers covering more than one service is delivered to the mailboxes located in the RMO Lounge.
Mail for house officers at Christchurch Hospital is delivered to the mailboxes located in the RMO Lounge.
RMOs at other hospitals should check with the RMO contact person at their hospital.
Lockers are located in Room L12, on the Lower Ground Floor, Parkside East, Christchurch Hospital. A (refundable) deposit of $50 is needed to receive a key.
To organise a locker:
- Contact Security (via the operator) to check availability. If there is currently a waiting list, the team will take your details and let you know when a locker becomes available.
- Once there's a locker "with your name on it", visit Accounts Receivable to pay the $50 deposit and get your receipt.
- Bring the receipt to the Security Office and present it to receive your locker key.
When you no longer need the locker:
- Go to the Security Office and hand in your key.
- Security will sign a form which you can take to Accounts Receivable to receive your deposit back.
Sporting and Recreation
The Christchurch Squash Club courts are located on the Christchurch Hospital campus.
Contact Charles Hawes at CH Laboratories (80334) for membership information.
Topic Code: 11799