Arranging Travel for Training
Your collective agreement covers your entitlement to employment-related expenses, including travel and accommodation to attend training and conferences. Once you know about a course/conference/meeting or exam that you are required to attend:
- Complete your leave application, have it signed by your Clinical Director, and return it to the Resident Doctors Support Team.
- Discuss your attendance with your supervisor of training.
- If they agree that this event is a requirement for you to achieve vocational registration, complete the Direct Payment of Flights and Accommodation form and have the supervisor of training sign it.
- If your leave is confirmed, the Resident Doctors Support Team will complete their section of the Direct Payment of Flights and Accommodation form, fax it to the CDHB Travel Coordinator, and email you to confirm that this has occurred.
- Contact the CDHB Travel Coordinator (ext. 66964), who will organise your travel.
- Costs of training required for vocational registration with an Australasian College are reimbursed providing you produce receipts. In accordance with CDHB policy, reimbursement is based on actual and reasonable costs. You must discuss any plans to attend required courses or purchase textbooks with your supervisor of training before the Resident Doctors Support Team will process your reimbursement claim.
- You must provide receipts (GST receipts where applicable) for reimbursement of any other expenses.
- If you have claims that are in a foreign currency, please provide a copy of the documentation so that the correct conversion rate is used (e.g., your visa statement showing the conversion). If you don't have a statement, the rate used for reimbursement is the rate applicable on the day your claim is processed.
- If you transfer to CDHB from another area, you may be entitled to reimbursement of transfer expenses. See your Employment Agreement and contact the Resident Doctors Support Team for more information.
Note: The CDHB Travel Coordinator can advise you, but cannot make a booking until the approved form arrives.
Topic Code: 10758